Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A long term side project -



So it's been a long time since I posted anything.  Life has been crazy, hard, and has kept me from doing too much sculpting.  Some time last year I started working on this 3d project so I could better learn Zbrush and Maya - and it was a rather intense learning process I must say.  The sculpting in Zbrush was fun but very difficult, but getting the Zbrush work through to final render was harder.  Still, by the end, I had a nice smooth and predictable pipeline, so I was able to iterate again...and again...and again - which was both good and bad.

She's been 'mostly done' for months now, so I decided I should finally wrap it up and post some images.  I gave up on rendering the 3d particulates and just painted those in, but otherwise these images are just what the renders looked like, with some color re-balancing.

No comments: