Saturday, July 14, 2007

Angry Finhead









I love the attitude of this character- like he's a grumpy old ... whatever he is. His attitude reflects how I felt when I made him a couple nights ago - I was unable to sleep, and rather grumpy about it, so I warmed up my casteline and went to town. The last two images were an attempt at taking the character's 1.5 inch tall face and making a larger version of it, with a different expression. It turned out alright, though for some reason the angry one doesn't capture that same lethargic, upset feeling of the earlier sculpt. Maybe his eyes are too open...I don't know. The top sculpt took about 5 or 6 hours, and the lower head about 2. The top sculpt is 9 inches tall - I created polymer clay eyes for both sculpts.

1 comment:

It's Just Me said...

I think I work next to this guy.